Weight Loss After Pregnancy

Hi! I am a Blessed Mommy to eight children, and yes, they are all mine (& my husband's)!!! So if you haven't guessed, I have weight to lose from my last pregnancy. I am not able to diet due to the fact that I am nursing. However, I am trying my best to eat well... lots of fruits & veggies... I haven't updated this blog since 2008, so I am getting ready to get started again here in 2009.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wednesday's Weigh In!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketToday I am only down .6 pounds. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThat is not really a surprise to me since I didn't exercise this last week (except last night). I am realizing more and more that if I don't exercise, I don't lose weight.

Now that hasn't been true so far, until today. However, things are soon to change.

This is why...


  • For one, I no longer will have to wait to do my exercise until 10 p.m. when I am really way too exhausted to do it anyway...Why? you say? Well, my husband works from home AND we have had an "employee" working with him lately. Unfortunately, my husband's kind of work (woodworking) wasn't suited to this gentleman's ability so just last week he gave his notice...today is his last day. For me, that is somewhat of a blessing because I can now workout whenever I like because I don't have to worry about having someone (other than a family member) "walking in" on me while I am exercising. I wouldn't do well if I went to a gym, because I don't like having people "watch" me workout.

Now if you are like me--stubborn, that is--you are going to change this week!!! I AM GOING TO FIGHT FOR MY SUCCESS!!!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketWhatever it takes!!! I know that I need to work out 5-6 times a week...I WILL be stubborn and do this!!! Even if I just do Billy Blanks 8-minute workout every other day and a normal workout in between!

I know, I know...Thanksgiving is coming up, BUT we don't have any plans. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket No, I am actually okay with it since I am trying to lose weight. The good thing is that I don't have to worry about eating too much since we are not having guests and are not going to be guests anywhere.

We don't live near family, not even remotely close to family, so holidays are always this way. Sometimes we get together with other families, and sometimes we don't. I often will make dozens and dozens of cookies for friends at Christmas time and we go and deliver them.

If you didn't do as well as you would have liked this week either, here are a few things that I have learned...

  • 1. When I eat sugary foods, I don't lose as much weight...even if I have been good to not overeat.
  • 2. When I don't exercise, I don't lose weight.
  • 3. You must, must, must avoid sugar because when you eat sugar you produce insulin, which in turn deposits fatty acids into fat cells. Fruit sugars are better because they don't cause you to produce insulin, fruit sugars are actually digested in your colon. Stevia is even better because it is calorie free and helps lower blood pressure. I have some stevia that I use ocassionally, but I don't like it in my coffee so I don't use it much.
  • 4. I need my sleep!!! My baby girl has been keeping me up this week, so getting as much rest as I need is IMPORTANT!!! I think my lack of sleep this last week has affected the weight that I have NOT lost!

Another thing...DON'T GIVE UP!!!

GET MAD AT YOUR SCALE and tell it, I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!! I WILL WIN THIS BATTLE!!! GGRRRRRR!!!!! MY HEALTH IS IMPORTANT!!! MY WEIGHT WILL NOT GET ME DOWN!!! MY SUCCESS IS WORTH MORE THAN THE FOOD I EAT!!!

No more BAH HUMBUGGING about the scale!!! GET MAD!!! And spring into action!

It's not too late to join us at Tales From the Scales!

1 comment:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Exercise is certainly the most important key ingredient! And I just wanted to say regarding your message on the top, my wedding ring doesn't fit either.