Weight Loss After Pregnancy

Hi! I am a Blessed Mommy to eight children, and yes, they are all mine (& my husband's)!!! So if you haven't guessed, I have weight to lose from my last pregnancy. I am not able to diet due to the fact that I am nursing. However, I am trying my best to eat well... lots of fruits & veggies... I haven't updated this blog since 2008, so I am getting ready to get started again here in 2009.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wednesday's Weigh In!!!

So I lost another .8 pounds. I should be jumping for joy since I lost and didn't gain, but I'm not...

I have never lost weight this slow before, but it has been about three years since I have been at my target weight. This weight WAS gained during this last year with my pregnancy, so I shouldn't be surprised that it is taking me longer than I would expect. And I am 34 this time and not 30. Age DOES make a difference.

I DID exercise on Sunday, Monday & Tuesday so I am doing all the right things. I know I haven't kept a food diary lately, but I have been keeping up on my caloric intake.

However, I found this awesome website that helps with nutrition and exercise. It is called Spark People . The best thing is that it is FREE to join!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Oh and before I forget, I earned this sticker this week:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Melonie said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! Slow and steady wins the race, remember? :-) I love your ticker - great idea!!! I'm sorry I haven't had time to stop by and visit before - now I will bookmark you so I can come back.

tammi said...

It does get harder the older we get! I lost 40 lbs after our first daughter was born, but sadly, had gained it all back again by the time I got pregnant with our second. And it's been a struggle ever since. I don't want to go back on Weight Watchers, even though that worked, because I know I'll be much more likely to have actually changed my lifestyle if I manage to do this on my own, rather than constantly counting points. We can do this!

Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!!

Tiffany said...

CONGRATS!! I have heard of sparkle but I had already been keeping up with my calorie intake on another website so I didn't want to switch. Although the last few weeks I haven't kept up with anything so that is probably why my weight loss has slowed.

Congrats on reaching 10 pounds lost!

Donetta said...

Wow way to go! That is so wonderful I am not doing this well yet.:)