Weight Loss After Pregnancy

Hi! I am a Blessed Mommy to eight children, and yes, they are all mine (& my husband's)!!! So if you haven't guessed, I have weight to lose from my last pregnancy. I am not able to diet due to the fact that I am nursing. However, I am trying my best to eat well... lots of fruits & veggies... I haven't updated this blog since 2008, so I am getting ready to get started again here in 2009.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Food Diary...Day 6

I am finding hunger to be a normal thing...I am not starving myself, but I have certainly cut back on all of the "goodies" that I used to treat myself to. I would think to myself, "What yummy thing do I have stashed back that I can munch on?"

However, I do have my reasons for wanting to do this and here they are:

  1. I want to be able to wear my wedding ring and engagement ring again.
  2. I want to be able to fit into my favorite clothes again.
  3. I want to be VERY attractive to my husband again.
  4. I want to be healthy.
  5. I don't want my thighs to rub together anymore (sorry so graphic, but the truth isn't always pleasant).
  6. I want to have more energy.
  7. I want to feel good about myself again.
  8. I want to have one less thing to be stressed about.
  9. I want to win this battle before I go through menopause.
  10. I want to change my lifestyle forever.

Here is my food diary for the day:

Breakfast:

  • Coffee with lots of cream, 2 cups (120)
  • Balance Bare Bar (210)

Lunch:

  • Homemade Beef and Veggie Soup, 1 cup or so (250)
  • 1 slice rye & pump swirl bread with 1 t margarine (100)
  • Tapioca pudding, 3/4 cup (230)

Dinner:

  • 3 fried eggs (300)
  • 3 milk-free pancakes (240)
  • Strawberries (75)
  • Whipped topping (75)
  • cucumbers (while making pancakes...free)

There needs to be a snack in the very near future, I am not trying to eat under my calorie goal, so I will add a snack later.

Snack

  • Granola bar (100)
  • 2 cups skim milk (180)

Total: 1880, goal 1872...not BAD!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, the encouragement is always much needed! I think your goals are great, those will help you get to your goal. I think hunger is sometimes a good thing. Often we are afraid to be hungry, but its ok. We wont melt away if we arent always walking around with full stomachs. Usually hunger is really just dehydration and water always helps this feeling.

Amity said...

I finally decided to take your advice and do the calorie counting thing...I went to your other blog to figure it out and lo and behold you had it all figured out for me (I am 130 lbs)starting tomorrow I am going to keep track of everything I put in my mouth. Is that coffee you drink everyday decaf?? Just asking because if I drink something with even a bit of caffeine (I have been known to treat myself to a mocha coconut chiller here and there,LOL) my baby will have nothing to do with naps for the next two days.....well I am off to do some of Billy's bootcamp...I am not even close to making it thru the whole thing but....someday ;-)