Weight Loss After Pregnancy

Hi! I am a Blessed Mommy to eight children, and yes, they are all mine (& my husband's)!!! So if you haven't guessed, I have weight to lose from my last pregnancy. I am not able to diet due to the fact that I am nursing. However, I am trying my best to eat well... lots of fruits & veggies... I haven't updated this blog since 2008, so I am getting ready to get started again here in 2009.

Monday, October 22, 2007

A Reasonable Plan...

Well, I have a confession to make...I have been checking my weight every other day or so AND it doesn't seem like any weight is coming off this week. I am not cheating on my diet...meaning that I am not exceeding my dieting caloric intake so....

A few things it may mean are:

1. I am eating too many sugars.
2. I am not exercising.
3. Since I am older* than I was the last time I lost all of my weight, it may just be harder to lose this time.
  • *NOTE: I am 34-years-old this time, not 28 or 30.

However, I have a plan, a reasonable one.

  • As many of you know, I have seven children and I homeschool, so exercise is NOT the easiest thing for me to do. My day is literally filled to the top with busyness, that's why I haven't started exercising yet...I just can't "find" the time to.

Here is my plan:

  • 1. Set the timer for an hour at a time.
  • 2. At the top of every hour (when the timer beeps), I am going to get on my elliptical for 1 minute and work as hard as I can. This may be too easy, so I may have to go for 2-3 minutes.
  • 3. If I have time in the evenings, I will do one of Billy Blank's workouts.
  • 4. I will try to cut out sugars (with the exception of 1/4 t in my coffee & my morning protein bar).

No comments: