Weight Loss After Pregnancy

Hi! I am a Blessed Mommy to eight children, and yes, they are all mine (& my husband's)!!! So if you haven't guessed, I have weight to lose from my last pregnancy. I am not able to diet due to the fact that I am nursing. However, I am trying my best to eat well... lots of fruits & veggies... I haven't updated this blog since 2008, so I am getting ready to get started again here in 2009.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wednesday's Weigh In!!!

I should be excited, for my scale told me this morning that I was 2 pounds lighter, but I am doubtful. However,I did weigh myself more than I should, that is, every other day or so and sometimes my scale told me I was up two pounds, then down one, then up one....Maybe I did lose the weight, I'm not really sure. What I DO know is that I stayed on my weight reducing diet and didn't overeat (or not that I am aware of).

The numbers tell me that I lost two more pounds, at least today. So if that is correct and I total all the weight lost so far, then I have lost 5 pounds altogether which means that I have earned my 5 pounds lost sticker.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Let's just hope I can keep it off. I do plan to continue exercising this week as time allows.

This next week however, I am going to continue to watch my sugar intake...only allowing myself the sugar in protein bars, coffee, and an occassional iced tea. And if you are wondering, there are goodies in my house like Little Debbie Snack Cakes, candy bars, and Quaker Oat granola bars, BUT I made sure to get myself my own little goodies...that is protein bars, that usually tames the beast! Those other goodies just aren't worth the calories that they use if you know what I mean. I always say that I can't "afford" them. No matter how good they taste, I think I want to be skinny more than I want to eat the wrong foods.

I am just totally disgusted with my body right now, physically that is. The only time I have ever weighed this much is when I am pregnant and this time I am not. Just the other day I looked in the mirror and thought I looked as if I were 3-4 months pregnant...the last thing I need is someone asking me if I am! I don't like what I see in the mirror and that is what pushes me on. I MUST lose this extra baggage! I just hope that my stubbornness to not accept my size and my determination to lose the weight will get me where I need to be!

If you would like to join us, go to Tales from the Scales!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Congratulations on the two pounds lost!! You're on your way!

Karen said...

Weighing myself too frequently affects my thoughts too. I start hanging my self esteem on that number. If it's down, I'm great, if it's up, I'm depressed. Keep plugging along and you'll get there!!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

WOOHOO! Congrats on the 5 pounds GONE! Sounds like you are making lots of healthy choices. Keep up the great work!
Path to Health