Weight Loss After Pregnancy

Hi! I am a Blessed Mommy to eight children, and yes, they are all mine (& my husband's)!!! So if you haven't guessed, I have weight to lose from my last pregnancy. I am not able to diet due to the fact that I am nursing. However, I am trying my best to eat well... lots of fruits & veggies... I haven't updated this blog since 2008, so I am getting ready to get started again here in 2009.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wednesday's Weigh In!!!

Another two pounds GONE!!! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketAnd again I am in disbelief. I have desperately tried to fit in exercise and sometimes I get it in, sometimes I don't. I have been completely exhausted this week with late nights with my baby and sick children with fevers.

However, I stayed on my strict caloric diet and it proved itself successful again this week! WOOHOOO!

One thing I learned this week while reading one of my books on weight loss is that it takes 3500 calories (missing from your diet) to lose 1 pound of fat! 3500 CALORIES!!! I also realized that I eat 2100 calories less each week than what my body needs to maintain my weight, SOOO every 12 days (11.6) I am ridding my body of one pound of fat!

Another thing I learned while reading is this, and this may shock you!!!

"Artificial sweeteners do not promote weight loss. Saccharin saves calories, but causes weight gain because it stimulates the secretion of insulin, which encourages the deposit of fatty acids into fat cells. In one trial against controls who drank sugar-sweetened drinks with a low calorie lunch, consumers of saccharin-sweetened drinks who at the same lunch were more motivated to eat and more preoccupied with food for the rest of the day. Using aspartame decreases appetite, but also causes weight gain. Aspartame hinders protein digestion. If less protein enters the bloodstream from the digestive system, the body tends to store glucose as fat. The net result is that eating less food can result in storing more fat."

~Prescription for Herbal Healing



Needless to say, I was totally and completely shocked when I read that in my book. It makes me think twice before I eat artificially sweetened foods!

Well, that's all I have time for now! If you would like to join us go HERE!

6 comments:

Dareth said...

Good for you!

I can't believe you have energy to do anything extra right now, so give yourself the credit you deserve for getting in any extra exercise this week! Keep up the great work and try to take a nap this week :) You deserve it!

Mom said...

You are really getting things into your head and that's so important. I really like using stevia as my sweetener. It is the only one I like. I buy it in packets from the whole foods store and it is wonderful. I have not had any side effects and my weight loss has been clicking right along.

Take care of yourself and I hope and pray that you have a simply wonderful week upcoming!

Rebecca Johnson said...

WTG this week!! That's interesting info too on the substitute sugars. It kinda makes sense though! Congrats again and happy halloween!

Karen said...

Aspartame gives me migraines something horrible. Sometimes just eating or drinking one thing with it will give me a migraine for a couple of days. So I stay away from ALL artificial sweeteners. I eat God-given sugar and try to limit that as much as possible.
WTG on the loss!

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

Good for you! You should be so proud of yourself. Good luck this week!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on the loss! I have to avoid the artificial sweeteners, they give me migraines.
Path to Health